The Spectator

Erin Huddleston: Always Here to Help

Staff Profile

Being a freshman in college, can be exciting, as a student you know what you’re going to expect for the next three years of college, but it can also raise your anxiety levels! As a student, you realize you’re kind of on your own, unlike in high school when you had all the help you needed and preparation for a test.

But thank goodness to counselors, always there to help, when you don’t know what you’re doing or supposed to do next, and want to see yourself to succeed.

Erin Huddleston, is one of the main counselors and faculty members here at the WNCC campus in Sidney, always ready to help students whenever they need it the most. Not only is she just a counselor, but she is in charge of lots of other tasks as well, like student advising/activities, Residence Hall, and if students were to ever get in trouble, she’d be the one they go and talk to.

It’s been for and a half years since Erin has started working here, ever since the October of 2011. In 2006, she left Sidney to attend the University of Wyoming, to earn her Bachelor’s degree in Secondary Education and Emphasis in Biology, and came back in 2011 after graduation to start working here at WNCC.

Erin Huddleston may have a full time job here, but she still makes time to attend the classes she’s taking, 36 hours of credits total right now, to get a Master’s degree in Science and Biology. We, as in the writer and reporter of this story Delaney Uhrig, will be graduating together next May.

Her only job right now is working here. However in college, she worked at Walmart as a cashier and was the manager for customer’s service department. In high school, Erin managed to earn a job at Cabela’s as an out band color, that is, if someone were to mess up on their order regarding color, she’d be the one to fix it.

So no matter how busy Erin Huddleston may be right now, she will always have the time to help a student in need, that’s the best part of her job she says, seeing all the students she happens to meet and come across, succeed and graduate to pursue their passion even further in their lifetime.