The Spectator

Music helps one to study

Teenage Girl Lying On Bed Using Laptop Wearing Headphones

Monkey Business Images

Monkey Business Images

Music, it’s what makes the world go around right? Well, at least it seems that way to everyone who listens to it and loves it. Even if people don’t listen to it as much as others, it still helps move things along when it comes doing stuff like chores and grocery shopping. So when it comes to doing homework and studying, how well does music help?

Rose Nelson, a current student at the Sidney campus, goes to explain, “I love listening to music, especially genres like classical and instrumental when I’m doing homework and studying, because it helps me concentrate.”

“The same can go for me,” Courtney Joplin says. “Except when I listen to music I pretty much listen to everything when I do homework, or even when I’m not, because I love music in general.” Hey me too!

Back to the story, according to Arts Education Partnership, when they reviewed an extensive body of research to identify, students learning outcomes associated with an education in and through music, they found that music enhanced fine motor skills, which is the ability to use small talk, acute muscle movements to use, as well as use a computer, and oter physical activities essential in the classroom for learning.

Music also helps the brain prepare for achievements, fosters superior working memory, cultivates better thinking skills, and more! Like even increases average SAT scores. Better get that classical station ready on your Pandora, or really, any genre I suppose, but probably more classical and instrumental if you’re going to study.

Music helps block out annoying sounds like dogs barking and cars honking if you’re just planning on doing homework. And to the people who use it for work or other things like Ashley Burr, then that’s certainly acceptable too.

“I listen to more classical when I’m studying,” Ashley explains. “Country when I’m running and just pop if I”m going to go clean the house or something.”

Whether you don’t listen to music as much as other people do, I think we can all agree that music just makes everything better, especially homework or studying. I’m a music lover in general, and I listen to everything because honestly, I can’t stand quiet, I need something playing. Surely I’m not the only one.

So when it comes to homework and studying and just education in general, music proves to be one of the main helpers, but when it comes to just listening to it for fun and because music is everything to a lot of people, it proves to be what makes the world go around and what makes us all who were are and unique.